Fauntastic requires from all of its participants, organizers, volunteers, guests and potential sponsors to approve the following Code of Conduct.
Organizers enforce this code and thank everyone for participating in creating a safe environment for everybody.
The Code of Conduct is applicable during the convention, but also in the various online discussion spaces or even during relations with the event partners.
In A Few Words
Fauntastic is inclusive to the largest number of people.
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of:
- sexual orientation,
- sexual preferences,
- physical appearance,
- socioeconomic status,
- religion (or lack thereof).
We do not tolerate harassment nor discriminations in any form.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, please notify the staff or Safety team as soon as possible. We ask everyone to be mindful of their surroundings and of other people.
Anyone violating these rules can be expelled (without any form of refund).
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist. Positive actions are essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions,
- Prefer collaboration rather than conflict,
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of other people,
- Be open to comments about your behaviour,
- Alert the Safety team, even if they seem inconsequential, if you notice:
- a dangerous situation,
- someone in distress,
- violations of this Code of Conduct.
Unacceptable behaviours, whether online, at an event, or in communications carried out in the context of community business, include :
- discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation or preferences, ethnicity, disability, nationality, physical appearance, socioeconomic status, religion (or lack thereof),
- stalking or following,
- privately or publicly sharing informations (for example, identity or pictures) of someone without their consent,
- sustained disruption of talks or other events,
- inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If someone engages in unacceptable behaviour, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion (without refund in the case of a paid event).
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behaviour
Notify the staff or Safety team as soon as possible.
Additionally, organizers are available to help community members engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe.
In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts if desired by the person experiencing distress.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify one of the event organizers with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
We expect all community participants (attendees, organizers, volunteers, guests, sponsors, etc.) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues, online and in-person, as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business..
Licence and attribution
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. It is based on the Berlin Code of Conduct and the Queer.js Code of Conduct.